This class will help students find, craft, edit and perform their stories. After this class students will have the tools to:
- Turn their life into a compelling story
- Look for stories in their everyday life
- Pull out the important moments in stories
- Structure a story to entertain, inspire, and be remembered
- Understand all the moving parts of what makes a good story
- Add humor to their stories
- Take their stories from the dinner table to theaters, board rooms and beyond
This class is taught by Christie Buchele, a Denver comedian and storyteller of 10 years. She has been featured on The Narrators, We Still Like You, Singling and other storytelling shows and is the founder of the Denver storytelling show Queen City Companion. Her stories have been featured in Suspect Press and her story Trump Country is currently being adapted into a short film for Project D.U. Film.
In-Person Class Precautions
Classes will be safely distanced and masks will be required when not on stage. Chairs will be well and safely distanced from students on stage. If you can’t wear a mask we are also offering online classes. Being distanced and masked is a requirement for this in person class.
The theater is taking precautions with cleaning and the spacing of chairs to make sure we’re providing a safe environment with minimal risk.
There is a showcase at the end of class, with a student invited limited audience that will be safely distanced from performers and each other.