Class DetailsClass Runs: Sunday afternoons @ 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM MT
Class Dates: Sun 8/1 - Sun 9/12 (6 classes total)
Location: RISE Comedy, 1260 22nd St, Denver, CO 80205
Instructor(s): Christie Buchele
- No class Sun 9/5.
- This is an in-person event! Please read carefully for details and event location. Please click HERE to read more about our in-person event guidelines and requirements.
- Students will receive an email with class details and links 12-24 hours before the class. If you do not see this email, please check your spam folder as well!
Stand Up 101 w/ Christie Buchele (Sun 8/1 – Sun 9/12)
Have you ever wanted to try stand up comedy? Do you want to learn humor writing? Well this class is for you! All levels of experience welcome. Whether you are trying to become a famous comedian, nail that next presentation at work, sound witty in your online content, or just need a good outlet for stress; comedy can help! This multi-session class will focus on the writing elements of comedy and the development of your own story and stage persona.
In this class you will learn more about:
- Different tools for joke writing
- Exploring your own personal story and what makes you special
- Hosting a comedy show or an event
- How to edit your jokes, presentations and stories for maximum laughs
- General comedy etiquette
Christie Buchele is a stand-up comedian, writer and actor from Denver, Colorado. Christie made a name for herself by the heart-wrenching and hilarious realities of being a woman with a disability. Christie has been featured on Viceland’s, Flophouse; Hidden America with Jonah Ray; and Laughs on Fox. Christie also starred as the lead in the short film Scary Lucy.
Christie has been described as “Brave” for leaving the house in that body, Christie’s comedy has been described as “funny despite what she talks about…” and “Uncomfortable..” by Christie’s mom. She was chosen to open up for the likes Josh Blue, Sean Patton and Andy Kindler. She has also been featured at national comedy festivals like 208, High Plains and Limestone.
Christie co-hosts a witty relationship advice podcast, Empty Girlfriend, which earned best Comedy Podcast by Westword Magazine and best Podcast for Sexpot Comedy in 2017. As one third of the Denver Comedy powerhouse, The Pussy Bros, Christie reps the Mile High City hard while crushing audiences with a wry, biting style that’s a bit sweet, a and a little bit surly; proving time and again you can say almost anything with a smile on your face and a gimp in your step.