Intensive DetailsClass Dates: Mon 6/6 - Mon 6/27 (4 classes total)
Class Times: Please see "Special Notes" section below for details!
Location: RISE Comedy, 1260 22nd St, Denver, CO 80205
Instructor(s): Christie Buchele
- This is an in-person event! Please read carefully for details and event location. Please click HERE to read more about our in-person event guidelines and requirements.
- Students will receive an email with class details and links 12-24 hours before the class. If you do not see this email, please check your spam folder as well!
- Minimum class size is 6 students.
Stand Up 101 4-week Intensive (Mon 6/6-Mon 6/27)
This is a 4-week Stand Up 101 intensive. Classes will be from 5:30-10pm on Mondays for the month of June.
Have you ever wanted to try stand up comedy? Do you want to learn humor writing? Well this class is for you! All levels of experience welcome. Whether you are trying to become a famous comedian, nail that next presentation at work, sound witty in your online content, or just need a good outlet for stress; comedy can help! This multi-session class will focus on the writing elements of comedy and the development of your own story and stage persona.
In this class you will learn more about:
- Different tools for joke writing
- Exploring your own personal story and what makes you special
- Hosting a comedy show or an event
- How to edit your jokes, presentations and stories for maximum laughs
- General comedy etiquette
Student Showcase: Saturday July 2 at 5:30pm