Assistant Education Director at RISE Comedy
Part Time 15-20 Hours a week.
Pay $18-$25 per hour.
(Additional potential income of 4k a year from teaching classes. As well as outside paid gigs as a performer or teacher with a higher per hour rate.)
We are looking for a candidate with training and passion for equity and inclusivity to look over our curriculum and practices to help us create a welcoming environment of growth for all who enter our programs. We will invest consistently in further training for this candidate so they can stay up to date on successful DEI strategies. Working at a community based comedy theater presents unique benefits and challenges, we’re looking for a candidate who can consistently find positive outcomes to challenges and make a positive impact on those they interact with. The goal of this position is to train the future Education Director, they’ll be working directly with the current Education Director to learn the processes, philosophy and strategies of running a successful and effective training program. If the candidate proves they can execute and handle the position to our standards they will be promoted with a pay raise.
The Assistant Education Director will be responsible in assisting the Education Director in running Rise Comedy’s Education Center. Under the Education Director direction they will be creating and managing our workshops and level courses in Sketch, Stand Up, Improv as well as other assorted performance classes we offer. They will help cultivate new members for our faculty as well as help our current faculty grow as teachers with feedback and classroom observation. They will effectively communicate information with our teachers, student base and potential students. With the Education Director, they will help coordinate and execute teacher training sessions. The position will also attend and host student showcases that take place on Sunday evenings.
The position will mostly be desk work and class room work. With the occasional lifting of class supplies which will rarely if ever exceed 20 pounds. Sometimes classes will require the arranging of furniture for which there is often help and isn’t strenuous in nature.
Valued Skills & Qualifications:
We will work with the chosen candidate to fill any gaps from this list.
- Thoroughly trained and experienced in improvisation
- Knowledgable and passionate about improv and other comedy disciplines
- Management/Leadership experience
- Community orientated
- Experienced teacher and/or trainer
- Comfortable sharing their views
- Passionate for and training in inclusivity and creating a welcoming and nurturing environment for all consistently.
- Eager to build relationships and be involved in the community
- Shares credit
- Takes joy in the success and growth of others
- Seeks out personal growth
- Effective in group work
- Event planning and event execution experience
- Creative, flexible and forward thinking
- Self-motivated with an attention to detail
- Honest and ethical
- Shares our values and values our mission
Duties & Responsibilities
- Will help create, evolve and maintain curriculum
- Will give feedback to owners, staff, teachers and students concerning issues of inclusivity and equity.
- Will help create, execute and communicate our class schedule to all relevant parties
- Will help share student feedback and observational feedback with teachers constructively
- Will help navigate the common issues that arise in training programs
- Will help program Sunday show offerings.
- Will help us grow our youth program
- Will over time assume the duties of the Education Director
Rise Comedy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.